Monday, February 22, 2010

You make me better...

Dear kids,

This afternoon was hard. REALLY hard.

There was screaming and crying and fighting and such.

I felt like a failure for not knowing how to get everyone in line and under control.

We had dinner, and the whole time I was thinking--tonight, we are NOT having family night. We are going to take baths and watch a movie and go to bed. I can't deal with everyone not listening to a lesson. I just can't.

But all through dinner, you asked...all of you. "Is tonight our meeting?" (that's what you call it... :) "Mom, what's our meeting about?" etc...

And when I let you know we might not have it, you protested. You insisted we did have it. You wouldn't let me quit...

So we all knelt in our circle on the floor to have our family night lesson. And you all sat there, listening. I felt such peace. And I think about that bit of peace I would have missed if I had gone with my head instead of my heart.

You kids make me better. You do.

Thank you for pushing me, when I need a little shove in the right direction.

Love, mom