Saturday, February 6, 2010

Breakfast in bed isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Dear kids,

Today I got up early with you all, like usual, and decided we would make pancakes for breakfast. You love it when I make your pancake shaped as the first letter of your name. And as I was making them, daddy offered to let me go back to sleep and he would bring me breakfast in bed.

I was ECSTATIC!

So I raced upstairs and back into my cozy bed. I laid there snuggled up, nice and warm, and eventually daddy brought me a stack of pancakes to eat while I read emails and such.

It was a moment I should have been thrilled to have...

But I wasn't.

Instead, I heard your happy voices downstairs, devouring your letter pancakes and laughing and having a great time. And every part of me wished I was downstairs with you...taking in the morning together.

You guys make life more fun. You do. And I love the good times we have together...

Just wanted you to know that.

Love, mom