Friday, February 5, 2010

When?

Dear Spencer,

I thought about you a lot today. You are growing up so fast. Sometimes I look at you and I have to do a double-take to make sure it's really YOU!

One of my favorite things is to watch when daddy takes you to the bathroom before we go to bed. You are SOOOO sleepy, and so daddy carries your body in his arms....the very same little body that used to be snuggled so small in one compact little bundle is now composed of legs that dangle down and arms that wrap around daddy's shoulders.

When, little Spence, did you get so big?

When did I blink and let it happen?

I have been watching you closely...watching to make sure you wouldn't grow up too fast on me. But yet, you somehow have.

It just makes me want to take a full day to snuggle, and hold you so close, because every single day you seem to be THAT much older...that much more independent.

And my love for you grows THAT much more.

I love you little man.

Love, mom