Monday, February 8, 2010

I will obey...

Dear kids,

Tonight we had a family night lesson on obedience.

I want you to know I am really trying to do what's right...even though you all don't sit still and your mouths and bodies are moving a mile a minute while we try to read scriptures and say prayers.

I am trying. Daddy and I are trying together. But some nights it's just me. That is part of life right now.

Kaden helped me make copies of the coloring pages, and we worked on the lesson. So when it came time to have it, we colored our little puppet people and put them on a popsicle stick so you could hold them in your hand. And we did a little role play with the puppets...

I would ask things like, "Jenna, will you please clean up your room?" or "Kaden, will you please pick up the trash?" and each person would respond with their puppet, "I will obey".

We said it so many times, that to an outsider it probably sounded like brainwashing. :)

I want you each to know that tonight, in the little circle we made sitting on the floor coloring paper people and talking about obedience, is how I want to remember being a mom. YOUR mom.

I love you. And I love that our family can be forever...

Love, mom