Saturday, January 9, 2010

The way to a boy's heart...

Dear Kaden,

Today, after returning from the grocery store, you anxiously awaited the completion of my bringing all my bags of goods in. As I unloaded each bag, you squealed with excitement at all the things I bought. "LOOK MOM, CHEESE!" you exclaimed, along with a number of other cheers for the food that would fill our fridge.

But the thing that got me the most is when I pulled out your strawberry jam--the squirtable kind--because you are a PB & J kind of guy. Any kind of weather, no matter what other options I give you for lunch, you ALWAYS choose a good old fashioned peanut butter and jelly sandwich. And you ALWAYS insist on putting the jam on yourself.

So when you saw a shiny new bottle of squeezable jam, you about jumped out of your seat and ran over to it, stroking the curves in the bottle, screaming "it's my new jam mom, my new strawberry jam!"

I am just so happy that these kinds of simple things bring you so much joy...because watching you react to them brings ME so much joy.

I love you little guy.

Love, mom