Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The concert


Dear kids,

Tonight you asked if you could put on a concert for daddy and I.

We agreed and put some dance music on for you all.

Within seconds you were all bustin' moves and swinging your bodies all over the place. It was SO funny.

Daddy and I sat on the couch together, holding hands and watching you. At one point in the song (Taylor Swift...because you are ALL fans) the words were sang "I keep thinking this is how it ought to be..."

While I know the song was really referring to romantic interests between a boy and girl, I couldn't help but look at each of you crazily swinging all over the living room and think to myself, "THIS is how it ought to be..." laughing, and loving, and enjoying each other.

This IS how it ought to be. Each of you a part of this family...with room for another little spirit to come and be a part of our family....to join in the laughter and silliness.

And to be so very loved....the way daddy and I love each of you.

And we do. OODLES.

Love, mom