Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Making lemonaid from lemons...

Today was such a struggle. I was pretty sure that between all the contention with the kids and messes and very frustrating post-school anger issues with Jenna, I wouldn't have anything to write today...

But as I was tucking Jenna in tonight, she looked at me and talked about how she doesn't like feeling angry.


My heart broke...


And in those few precious minutes of talking about feelings and what makes us angry and how we can handle things better, I knew what I would be writing here...

I was so grateful that I had those few minutes with her to discuss things. We may not have resolved EVERYTHING and things may not be 100% now, but I felt such joy in talking through things with her...listening to her feelings...and helping her know how much I love her, no matter what.


I knew this change in my thought process and goal to find more joy wouldn't mean a flawless home life. I never intended this goal to change our circumstances. I just hoped this goal would help me feel more peace about being a mom, especially on really crappy days.


And today, I think that very purpose was accomplished.