Thursday, January 7, 2010

Snowy Days...


Today when we got home from picking up Jenna from school, the kids headed straight to the backyard for some snow day fun.

I had wanted to just send them outside to play while I went in and made dinner...

But my sweet Spencer grabbed my hand and pulled me towards the back yard.

So I went.

I felt so much joy watching Jenna sled down the makeshift hill Brandon put together. And I just melted watching Kaden drop down on his back in 8 inches of snow and wildly wave his arms and legs while shouting, "it's a snow angel!"...and oh, how I smiled watching Spencer make "snowballs" and try to hit me with them.

I am becoming more and more aware of how much a few minutes can mean...not only to me, but to my children. I am beginning to see how much joy can be found in those few moments...and I am grateful.