Monday, March 29, 2010

Projects

Dear Jenna,

Today we worked on a project you have to complete for school tomorrow. It was a report on an author, and you chose Bill Martin, and the book Chicka, Chicka Boom Boom. Best part was, you needed a visual aid to go with it.

I really struggle with doing so much homework with you...I have to admit that. But I love when you have projects come up...it gets my brain working and I love to think of all the creative things we get to make together.

I loved seeing my vision with your touches...we made a coconut tree with a wrapping paper tube and pasted letters from magazines all up and down the trunk...and then we cut slits in the top of the tube and inserted tree leaves, each with a fact about Bill Martin.

I have to say it was pretty cute...and watching your excitement about it made me feel truly satisfied.

Love, mom