Friday, March 19, 2010

Beautiful

Dear Kaden,

Today I put on a cheap clearance maternity shirt I got the other day. It was a print I would not normally choose, but due to lack of funds and the frustration I have encountered shopping, I snatched every clearance shirt I could find in my size.

I was trying not to care what anyone thought of this shirt...and I think I had myself convinced that it didn't matter.

But as you saw me come down the stairs, you looked at me in awe and said, "mom, your shirt is SO beautiful."

I smiled and said, "you think it is?"

You came up close and admired it...and responded once again, "oh yes, mom...it is SO beautiful."

I realized then that it DID matter what people thought. Well, really it mattered what YOU thought. You thought it was beautiful. And you saying that very thing, made my feel so good that even if everyone else in the whole world hated it, I would wear it a million times over just because I know how much you love this shirt.

You made my day little man...you made me feel like a princess...and you made this $5 shirt feel like a million bucks.

Love, mom