Thursday, March 4, 2010

Our time.

Dear Jenna,

My birthday is coming up. And that means it's our special birthday one-on-one date.

You needed some new shoes, so we headed out to find some, and then pick up dessert.

There was only one shoe on your mind...a flat ballet style shoe with no buckle. Period. You were on a mission to find that particular shoe. However, your feet are so small, that finding a pair of ballet flats with no buckles is close to impossible. We discovered that after searching not one, not two, but 3 stores.

In store one you tried on every ballet flat they had--all WAY too big.

In store two, you tried on everything glittery--and asked about EVERY single ballet flat--again, all of which were too big.

Store three was our last chance. When we walked in, clearly discouraged, you said to me, "mom, I don't care WHAT kind of shoe I find, I just want a new pair!" The shoe department there was the jackpot for you. They had so much to choose from! You laid out numerous shoes (none that fit your previous mental image, but you were thrilled regardless!) and eeny-meeny-miney-moed over and over. At one point you said, "mom, you have GOT to get me out of this place! There is too much to choose from!"

It made me laugh...

You held my hand as we walked through the stores. You were just so cute to watch while you made the oh so important decision. And you looked so grown up.

On the way home, we stopped for a frosty and french fries--the perfect salty sweet combo. ;)

We had such a fun time together, talking and laughing.

I love our one on one time. Especially last night. Thank you for sharing that time with me.

Love, mom