Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The birthday date...



Dear Kaden,

As our birthday tradition goes, when it's my birthday I always take each of you on our own special date to somewhere I have a birthday freebie.

Texas Roadhouse is ALWAYS your special place. YOU LOVE the peanuts there. In fact, I think that's the whole reason you like eating there. The peanuts. Every time we pass it, you ask, "mom, can we go eat at Peanuts today??"

So my birthday freebie there is always with you.

You were so cute all dressed up in running pants, a t-shirt, and a striped tie clipped on over top. All if it your choice. You made the perfect date...insisting on sitting next to me, cuddling up to me time after time and saying you loved me...munching peanuts in between hugs and sharing our dinner together.

Everyone smiled at your tie--and it made me smile so much bigger.

I was proud to be with you. I was proud to be your mom...your birthday date.

Thank you for sharing our special place...

Love, mom