Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Letter from dad

Dear Jenna,
I have been thinking about you a lot today. I have told everyone that today is my little girls birthday. Time is going by so fast and you aren't my baby anymore. I remember when you were born. Your mom and I were so excited to have you join our family. We felt strongly, even before the doctors told us, that you would be a girl; a very special girl who really completes our family. ON May 18 2004 we went to the hospital in the morning and we were so excited for you to be born. We waited all day and you finally came that evening. You were so small and precious. The first time I held you I knew that you were my little princess. You have made me so happy over the years. When you were a baby, I loved having you fall asleep on my tummy. I would snuggle you for hours. Sometimes, I hoped that you would wake up in the middle of the night so I could get up and have that special time with my girl. As you learned to walk you wanted to do everything by yourself. When you were one year old, I would take you to the park and you would always want to play on all the toys all by yourself. You didn't worry if I was close or not. You wanted to explore the whole world. When you were two you started to talk more and more. I used to try to get you to say funny words like blithen or shmooken because I thought it was so cute when you did. When you were three you were a big helper with your brothers. You would bring diapers and sing songs and tell stories. They love spending time with you. You would also listen to the stories of the book of Mormon. You would teach the missionaries about the stories you had heard. We were shocked that you knew them so well. When you were four you wanted to learn everything. You always asked me why things work the way they do. I was amazed at how well you learned the things that interested you. You were always trying to figure things out. You are such a smart girl and when you try hard you can be good at anything. When you were five you started going to kindergarten. I am always surprised by how well you are reading. You are a great helper and your brothers watch you and try hard to do the things that you do. Now that you are six I look forward to the memories that we will have. I have loved our special times together and playing games. I love it when we work together to make our home better. You are a special girl and I'm so glad that I am your daddy. I always want you to be happy. Mommy and I try hard to teach you the things that have made us happy and I know that if you obey, and learn about Heavenly Father and Jesus that you can find happiness all your life no matter where you are. I love you so much. Always remember that. I hope you have a happy birthday.

Love
Daddy.